Sunday, May 22, 2005

Lookie..Lookie....Saun's got a cookie!!!




Despite the rainy weather Friday, I was able to visit Knit Happens in Alexandra and StitchDC in DC. Kristine's shop is nice and spacious with a great selection and everyone is super-helpful. I couldn't decide on what yarn I really wanted so I bought the new Rebecca No.29 and some Regia Tip & Top Cotton. Neither of these are available in little old Raleigh.




At StitchDC, I broke down and got the Rowan No.37 and some luxurious Rowan Cashcotton DK. I really liked the StitchDC store (Capitol Hill location). They have a outdoor patio that sits between the front and back rooms. I'm sure it's great on sunny days. They also have a great selection of non-knitting gift items for sale. Their yarn selection includes some nifty and unusual yarns including one made from silk and stainless steel.

Now for my little rant: The cost of yarn in DC is so expensive compared to NC!!! I'm sure this is the same in places like NY and CA but it was a bit of a shock to me. Now I won't complain so much about the prices at my LYS.

I'm so proud of myself. Two posts in 2 days and pictures to boot!