Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy New Year

It's a brand new year and I'm sure everyone has new plans & resolutions. We all know I'm not big on resolutions but I do forsee myself making the most of this new year. How about you?

Now that I have the time I'll show you some of what I was working on last semester.

This is my term project from draping class. The original concept was "Sound". A classmate proposed that we design outfits based on listening to a song and interpreting how the sound...frequency, tone, resonance, etc...made you feel and put that into a design. The other part you would pick a color and design a monochromatic outfit with that color. I was really excited.......and then came the professors opinion. She imposed these rules...we had to use only 3 colors and only certain hues of that color. There were more "rules" which pretty much killed the joy of the project. I finished and I'm okay with it for the most part but it's not my original vision. It was based on an old Outkast song- Player's Ball Remix Instrumental. The bass drum and guitar in the song really spoke to me.





This is one of my projects from Fashion Art class. This one was based on Armani Prive's haute couture collection and flowers in winter. Volume and and icy color palette.








Now that I'm on break I'm going to get in some knitting and sewing time. I'm also going to play with my new toy. Mamacita lent me her knitting machine to play with. I'm not big on the machine knits but I think it's a good thing to learn in terms of the fashion industry. I'll keep you posted on my progress.