Thursday, July 24, 2008

Olympic training

For those that don't know, Ravelry is putting on the Ravelympics to coincide with the Summer Olympics. You pick a personally challenging project and you can cast on during the Opening Ceremonies and you try to finish by the end of the Closing Ceremonies. There are teams and events.

I haven't joined a team but I have picked my event..... the Designer Discus.

In preparation working on some current and old designs....



The Habu Jacket I started last summer, a habu scarf, and a cabled cardigan.


For the event I'm going to attempt to design and knit the 2 sweaters using these fibers.....



some Habu soft wool and Koigu KPPPM.

The hope is that after the Olympics are over I will have my official Fall Collection done and ready for the public. It's a bit crazy and ambitious but wish me luck anyway.

And as a side note, the KPPPM is something I bought at my new job. Well, it's not so new because I've been there since the start of the summer. I'm doing some web design but if you're ever in during the week you may see me around. The owner is planning a massive in-store sale to coincide with the Olympics/Ravelympics. I'll keep you updated. Those that live in NYC won't want to miss out.