Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Those jokesters at Vogue Knitting....

VK sent an offer to try the new Nicky Epstein book free for 21 days. The catch you ask? If you keep it, you pay $30 for it. Not sold yet. Well with the lovely purchase you also get the lovely "Vogue Knitting On the Go: Ponchos" and a Chibi case with 2 needles for free.

Now lets analyze this irrestible offer. The book will probably take 6 weeks to arrive. I think the book will be in stores before you would get it in the mail. $30? I'm sure Barnes & Noble or Amazon will offer it for less. Ponchos? Either VK can't get rid of these books fast enough or they haven't gotten the memo that ponchos are a definite NO. Chibis? If I don't have them already I never plan on getting them.

After this wonderful analysis, do you think I'm going to take VK up on this offer?

In other knitting news, I am working on the pattern for the Summer Tweed Tank so that I can post it. The Rebecca sweater is kicking my butt, but I'm going to finish it. I don't know why it's taking so long.