Sunday, June 19, 2005

Mystery solved!

Finally I can reveal the mystery wedding gift. By now they've opened their gift and if not then well....oops, my bad.

It's a quilt!


The first and last quilt I'll ever make.


I even made fabric personalized with their names.

I don't see the excitement in a quilt. Conceptually, it's a nice thought but it's too massive and cumbersome to really be fun. I wanted to give something more meaningful than a toaster so I went ahead and made it. I started to make a afghan but nixed that I idea. I'll tell you more about that another day.


Now to the fun stuff.

My Secret Pal rocks!!!!!
Why does she rock, you ask! My SP rocks because she's psychic.
I've been looking at the KnitPicks catalog for a few days and was contemplating a purchase of some more sock yarn. I had just talked myself out of buying more yarn when the mailman arrived with this.




Sock yarn...sock yarn...how I love my sock yarn! I've even cast one for my first pair of top-down socks. And isn't the stitch marker adorable!