Tuesday, June 07, 2005

OCCD

Last night I realized I have a problem. I suffer from Obsessive-Compulsive Creative Disorder. Unlike regular OCD this disorder is specific to the creative side of the brain. It would come in handy when I’m at work but it only kicks in when I think of things like sewing and knitting. Once I get an idea in my head, there’s no getting it out until it’s finished. If I see it in my head I must buy the supplies and set the wheels in motion. It bothers me until I do. It’s like I’ll lose the creative flow if I don’t start immediately.

2:53 AM Tuesday morning. This is the exact time I fully realized my problem. I started with a few rows on my sock, a few rows of the OSW, and a few row on my Rebecca mini-sweater. Then from 8pm till 2:30am I worked diligently on PimpinKen’s wedding present. Would you like a side of insomnia with that OCCD?

I took a break from the insanity today and read a book. I don’t have much knitting progress today but let me introduce you to my current OCCD battle.



This comes from Kim Hargreaves’ new line of designs. Lovely isn’t it? Doesn’t the lovely soft blue shade just draw you in? Is it eggshell blue? Baby blue?….ahhh….I got it….it’s Easter M&M candy blue. This bad boy cost approximately $100 US. That’s a lot a money honey! The real problem is that I haven’t seen the color of the yarn in person and I don’t want to spend all that money and hate it. I’d don’t even know if that shade will look good on me even if I’m in love with it. Maybe I should make it in pink instead? Whatever the case I’m obsessing over this and want it badly. What to do? What to do?

Can you see how this OCCD can be a problem?