Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Fear Factor Knitting

This is what happens when you have a fear of inadequacy... you overcompensate.



I know some of you are sitting there saying "Huh?", so let me explain. Our SnB group is putting on a auction and fashion show for charity and we are totally dependent on the donations of knitters in the community. The show is in two weeks and we don't have very many donations yet. Last year's big issue is that there weren't enough items for men. I was dead set against knitting a sweater but fear set in. I've already made a men's hat, 2 scarves, a shrug, and a purse, but I started worrying about there not being enough for the men. So last Thursday I started this top-down sweater in worsted weight Plymouth Encore. I'm not using a pattern so I hope this turns out okay. It's a L/XL and that's a whole lotta sweater when you're using a wool/acrylic blend. My hands are a little irritated.

After this, I plan to finally finish my Socktoberfest socks.

And now for a non-knitting question. I want to get a Christmas gift for my hair stylist but I need some ideas. I knit her two scarves last year, but I'm not in the mood to knit anything this year. I was thinking of a gift certificate to a restaurant like the Cheesecake Factory. What do you think? Any ideas for something $25 or less?