Friday, December 16, 2005

Tonight's the night!

It's here....




We are ready! The ladies of the Raleigh & Chapel Hill SnB's have been working hard and tonight things will pay off. We have over 40 items to auction off and they are impressive. They range from hats,scarves,and handwarmers to felted purses,sweaters, and capelets. It's amazing.

These are my two favorites. Hopefully the ladies won't mind me bragging about them and showing their items.

This is a capelet made by Sue with Rowan Felted Tweed. I give this one the award for best color.

And this one gets my award for ingenuity. Jen made this lovely scarf out of silk fabric she cut into strips.


All of the proceeds will be going to the North Carolina Center for Women in Public Service . This non-profit organization works to prepare women to seek and serve in public office. I'm all for women's empowerment!


Before I go, I wanted to show you my "muppet scarf". After my four hour nap yesterday, I woke up at 11:30pm and decided to do a little something before I went back to sleep. Going right back to bed would have me up at some crazy hour like 4am instead of 7am. This is a scarf I made out of Katia Nepal yarn. I "borrowed" the idea from Laurie . It's just a lot of loops and drop stitches on size 17s. Fun,mindless knitting.

Have a great weekend everyone.