Friday, December 30, 2005

Just checkin in...

I'm tired. Really tired. Last I checked, vacations are supposed to be relaxing. I'm not in my normal environment, nor eating my normal foods, or sleeping in my own bed so my body is not doing so well. I guess that's a sign of getting older. I am enjoying my time with my family. Christmas was great. All the family came over and ate a lot of food and opened a lot of gifts. I got some really nice gifts, one being, and Oral-B Sonicare Toothbrush. That may not excite most folks, but for me it's great. The dentist won't be getting anymore of my hard-earned dollars.

I didn't get many "knitty" gifts because I specifically asked NOT to get any. I did however get the infamous Knitting Pattern-a-day calendar .

I did give some knitted gifts. Only two to be exact. A pair of socks for the sock monster Bill made from Sockotta




and a teddy bear from the Last Minuted Knitted Gifts for my cousin's son who is 3.

His grandmother (my aunt) thinks it's too nice to play with and wants to put it up. I spent time finding a yarn,Pakucho Cotton, that would stand up to play and washing and she wants to put it away. I told her, "No, I made that bear for him. It's his to do with it what he wants". He's 3, what did she think I expected him to do with it???

I've been working on some other things but I'll save those till next week when I'm back to my regular blogging schedule.

Have a safe and fun New Year's Eve. See ya next year! Happy New Year!!!