Monday, February 06, 2006

Monday Night Massacre

Why the sweater had to die...

Post editted. In summary the deleted stated I had a crappy day at work.

So after that crappy day I had to take my frustrations out on something and it was the Rebecca Lacy Sweater. I seamed it up Saturday and it was just sitting there mocking me in all it's ill-fitting glory. The fact that it took me over 3 months to finish it should have been a sign not to finish at all. The sleeves were to short and the sweater was too tight and I really don't like the color. The pattern only had one size and I tried to adjust the gauge because I wasn't going to use the expensive cashmere yarn it suggested. That didn't work. I was considering frogging it but after my day I couldn't stand to even look at it.

There was also another casualty. The piece I finished for the Erin sweater didn't look good to me. While I was on gauge, it was just too big. I'll have to restart at a smaller size but I'll save that for another day.

I'm going to just finish my socks and wait for the start of the Olympics.