Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Stickin to the plan

Usually when I design something it's because an idea just came to me. I'll wake up in the middle of the night or see an object and start sketching. I try hard to make sure that my ideas are my own and that I'm not subconsciously copying from someone else. I stopped reading fashion magazines for a while just because I didn't want it to affect my creativity too much.



This one came to me one day while I was at work back in July. I sketched and was excited about my idea. Now imagine my disappointment when I saw a pattern that resembles this. I felt like I had in someway copied the idea but I really hadn't.

I spent the latter part of last week trying to alter the idea so that it looked more original. The 4th attempt was a sign that changing it wasn't what I really wanted in the first place. I like my original idea, it's what I wanted, and I've decided to stick to it.





This sweater is the reason I bought the Malabrigo from Pure Knits. I heart this stuff. It is soooooooo soft. It does have a reputation of pilling and after I blocked I can tell that it will but I don't care. That's what sweater shavers are for.