Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Finally!

Anyone up for a little sweater weather!?!




It was 70 degrees on Monday so this is a slight shocker but we are definitely overdue.




Lately I've been trying to find ways to cut down on my spending and save more money. Here is one of my newest little money saving tips. Enjoy!

The "Starbucks-Isn't-Getting-My-$4.65-No-More" Chai Latte

Ingredients

2 Chai tea bags
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (or regular milk)
3 tsp cane sugar (or 2tsp Splenda)
cinnamon & nutmeg for garnish

Boil water and then steep the teabags in the water for 5 minutes. Add your sugar & stir to dissolve. (You are making a tea concentrate). At the same time, heat the milk to a slight boil. Pour the milk into the tea. Stir, garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and/or nutmeg, and enjoy.


I know they sell chai latte mix at the store but I don't believe in tea that comes from something that looks like a big juice box or a powder. This is also more cost-effective. Teabags have a longer shelf life than an opened juice-box of latte mix.