Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Gettin ready for the world tour

I'm all packed up and ready to go. Unlike last years debacle where I almost missed my flight, I am ready to start the journey to see family for the holidays. Here is the itinerary:

From Raleigh fly to Chicago(1 day), drive to Cleveland (6 days), drive to Detroit (2 days), drive back to Cleveland (1 day), drive to Chicago (2 days), and then fly back to Raleigh.

All of this just so I wouldn't have to spend New Years in Raleigh or Cleveland. I've spent most of my NYE's in Cleveland and there was no way I wanted to be in good ole exciting (sarcasm) Raleigh. Instead I opted to spend it with my sister in Chicago which required flying to Chicago so that I can fly out of Chicago. I suspect I'll be really tired when I return.




Last night I had to go to Kohl's (love that place) to buy a carry-on bag that I could packed with some newly acquired yarns to keep me busy during all the travel time. Knitpicks Swish, Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere, and Lion Brand Micro-spun. One of the projects is for Yahaira's Sensual Knits book and another for a magazine.

The good thing about all the vacation time is that I will get a chance to catch up on all of my email and blog reads.

To answer one of the questions from the previous post:
-The West Indian restuarant is called Doctor's Cove and it's located off Business 70 in Durham near the old Harley Davidson dealership.

Before I go I wanted to show you the Christmas present I bought for myself. I realized that I rarely just treat myself. I usually only shop when I need something, not just for pure indulgence (that's not including yarn and fabric).



This my friends is the Vanilla Bean Henri Bendel candle from Bath & Body Works. At $26, this is all about pure indulgence. I only own 2 candles and both are Henri Bendel. The other is a scent called Osmanthus. The scents are out of this world and worth every penny. Most people won't pay $26 on 1 candle but will buy a ton of cheap ones that probably total more than that and don't smell half as good.

That's all for now folks. Stay tuned. I'm sure my family adventures will provide some entertaining blog fodder for the next few weeks.