Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It must have been the fumes

I took Jay-etta for some new shoes (aka new tires) today. I need her to be ready for our jaunt to Charlotte for a Saturday filled with fabric shopping. It must have been the intoxicating smell of tires I inhaled for an hour because when I left I had the oddest craving.



A double cheeseburger from Wendy's. To you this may not be odd, but for me it is because I gave up beef in 2003. If I get sick in the next few days I'll know why.


Now onto the reason for the trip to Charlotte. Our little fabric shops are limited so I am going to the great Mary Jo's for some fabric fun. I need some good stuff for the two patterns I found at JoAnn's.



Burda Pattern #8020


Vogue Pattern V2873 - A Michael Kors Design

Along with Donna Karan, Anna Sui, Marc Jacobs, and Issac Mizrahi, Michael Kors is one of my favorite designers. Next to shoes, coats and jackets are my favorite article of clothing. I can't get enough. I think it's a thing I picked up from my mother. (Remind me to tell you about the spur of the moment 2 hr trip from Cleveland to Columbus that we took when I was in high school. It involves roadkill, a JCPenny outlet, and a faux beaver fur coat she had to have.)


I also had a chance to work on the Candy Stripe sweater while waiting on the new tires. One more sleeve to go and then I'm done. Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow.



Right now I have to concentrate on a new project. It's another book submission. I've been a little secretive about it but I think it's safe to mention it now. I'm still apprehensive about mentioning details. I don't like to jinx things until I have my check in hand.

And to end my long post....Did anyone see Gilmore Girls tonite? It was an episode entitled "Knit, People, Knit." The town had a big charity knitathon. The show was chock full of knitters and pretty yarn. Lorelai and Ms.Patty were really knitting but Sookie and Babette were fakin it.