Thursday, November 02, 2006

Projects-to-go

Every now and again, I go through a phase which I can only think to call "an OCD moment". A situation or problem will pop into my mind and it will stay there until I solve the problem. Well, last week, I had the idea for a crew-neck striped sweater with a specific color scheme. Brown,cream,baby blue, pink. I did some searches for yarn choices but decided that I need to wait and finish my other projects. I made it 2 days, then I realized I'll need a to-go project for my trip to Stitches. Sitting in a 6 hour class without something is not an option, but my current projects required too much attention. So my mind went into overdrive. Must.have.yarn. Must.have.yarn.NOW!



This is the result. Some brown and cream Patons Merino, from my stash, and some pink and blue Cascade 220.

Now here is the real kicker. I want the sweater to be reversible and I didn't want to worry about matching up stripes on the sleeves. The solution is a top-down raglan. This is a big deal for me because I'm not the biggest fan of top-down. But I'm a solution based person, and this is the best solution. (Ms. fpea will be happy to hear about this. She's a big top-down promoter). I found this free top-down guide on the net. I'm all about the free.



I have made some progress on the cabled cardigan. It just requires so much attention that this definitely won't be a quick knit for me.

Life seems to get really busy around this time of the year. A lot of activities and holidays on the horizon. I did, however, make time for something really important.


If you live in the US and have registered to vote, PLEASE VOTE! I don't care what your party affiliation is. I just hope that you go and make your voice heard. Many people fought hard and died to have the privilege. Some places, like my county, have early voting polls, so there is no excuse.

I'm off to see my godson and see some knitters. See you next week.