Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The goodies

How is everyone? Did you survive the holidays?!?!



Here in Cleveland things have been non-stop. Christmas was a good time with the family. I got some great gifts and I have been eating non-stop. The best gift of all came from my neighbor.



Red velvet cake. She has been making this cake for years and we get one every Christmas. It is gooooooooood. I dreamt about this cake. I love this cake more than you can know. No one on this earth has made a better cake. EVER! (Can you tell how much I love this cake?)

Yesterday, all of the women of the family (aunts,cousins,sisters) went to see the movie Dreamgirls. Jennifer Hudson was phenomenal! I have never been to a theater where everyone burst into spontaneous applause. It's worth it to just see her. Beyonce's role was not as major as the advertisements made it seem but I think it was much better that way.


I'm getting ready to head to Detroit so I may not be back to blogland until Friday. It all depends on my internet connections. When I do return, I am going to do a review of Knitpicks Swish Superwash Wool yarn. I am using it for my current project and it has some interesting characteristics that I think knitters will be interested in.