Monday, August 13, 2007

A lot of stuff going on....

Let's catch up....... Last week was a crazy/busy one! Last Wednesday, us New Yorkers' (yup, I'm a NYer now cause I got my new driver's license), were stuck in the worst traffic nightmare. There was a huge rainstorm that flooded the subway stations and forced the morning commute above ground. What is typically as 25 min train ride turned into a 3.5 hr bus ride with folks crammed into the bus to the point of overflow. Then it took me 1.5 hrs to get home.

Later that evening I headed out to Stitch-n-Pitch. I was really tired but I went anyway. I forgot my camera but I did take a picture of the goodie bag everyone got. Each bag had different things but this is what mine had.


Saturday was the Annual SistahFriends Knittah-Que.




I only stayed for 30 mins because I had to go to work.

Yup....that's right. I have a job. I haven't been jobless since I was 15 and sitting around without an income was starting to bother me. I checked online and found a LYS that was hiring. Last Friday I started working. It's the perfect job that fits into my class schedule and allows me to work in an area I'm good at.

The store has a great selection of yarns and this past week or so there has been a sale. I was holding out pretty well. Given the size of my stash I don't need another ounce of yarn. Friday I talked myself out of buying any Noro Silk Garden Lite or Koigu. Then Saturday I walked in and saw a bin sitting next to the register with this in it. .....

Habu Paper Silk Shoulder Bag Kits . I got 4 of them. I want to make a jacket and if there is enough left, then I'll make the intended bag.

I'm off to do some knitting and maybe even swatch some Habu. Talk to ya later.