Wednesday, July 18, 2007

So It Goes*

Long time, no see.

I'm back in Cleveland. Why you ask? Well....My new building is having electrical issues. They rehabbed a bunch of pre-war apartments, adding 4-5 electrical outlets to rooms that may have only had 2. What they forgot to do was rehab the entire electrical system to handle the load. It's not a problem until everyone tries to run their ACs.

Here's mine. Isn't it pretty?Never the less, I came home for a week or so to give them time to fix the problem.

Here are some pics of my living room/kitchen/everything smashed into one room.

Thankfully, I have a bedroom too.

And the view from my window.

I took my first train ride to come back home. It was 12 hours, which wasn't so bad. It gave me a chance to read and knit. I finished "The Devil Wears Prada" which was better than the movie and I started my first Kurt Vonnegut book, "Slaughter House - Five".(*My post title comes from the book.) I'm trying to read some different things and I found these at a used book store. Books for $3-5 are a nice thing.


The trip home has been a hidden blessing. It has given me a chance to spend some time with my family which I'm enjoying. The last time I was home I was able to see my G-ma. She was wearing the socks that I made her from some Regia Tip & Top Cotton. She likes to walk around her apartment in socks instead of house shoes. She told me that the socks I made in Lorna's Laces had a hole in them. While pretty, the yarn is just too soft for her.


I started these on the train ride back. It's more Tip & Top Cotton that I got from Elann last year. The stash is coming in handy. I'm going to take them to her tomorrow. I have another skein in black & white to make but I probably won't get those done before I leave.

I finished my beaded top in the Karabella Cotton. If it's not raining, I'll try to take a picture today. In the meantime, I'm going to get back to my current project. I'm helping my parents by painting the kitchen. Nothing like the smell of latex paint to get ya going. I'll take pictures when I'm done.

Labels: