Thursday, May 24, 2007

8 Random Things

Right now I'm swimming in wool yarn. I'm working on a magazine submission (yeah! another one) and I need to get it finished by next week. Wool all day and all night, and my projects have been put on hold. In the meantime, I'll try to entertain you with the " 8 Random Things " meme. I was tagged days ago by Andrea . It may have taken me awhile but I didn't forget.


1. My ultimate goal in life is to be a stay-at-home mother and wife and run a business out of my home. Say what you will but I've done the corporate thing and it's overrated. Now if only I could find a husband....

2. I have recently found the joys of Almond Milk and I'm never going back. I'm lactose-intolerant and researched the many evils of the photoestrogens in soy milk. Almond milk is definitely the way to go.

3. Bad thunderstorms give me panic attacks. I once drove through a bad storm on I-75 and missed getting hit by a tornado by 10 mins. There's nothing like having pieces of trees and houses hit your car while the rain is going completely horizontal instead of vertical.

4. The very first thing I wanted to do when I went to college was to buy myself some General Foods International Coffee . My mother would not allow us to drink coffee and to me that was a sign of being an adult. She later told me that see knew I , of all her children, would be a coffee drinker because of how much I like chocolate. All 3 of her children are coffee drinkers. At least she tried.

5. I cut my hair again. The last haircut was inspired by a character in the "Transporter 2" movie and Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy. No one had the cut when I got it and I've had it since June 2006. In the past two weeks, I saw 4 women with my haircut. I knew it was time for a change.

6. In a few weeks I'm going to dye my hair bright red. My current color is going a little orangey.

7. I really would like to have a garden. My grandmother used to grow collard greens in her backyard in the middle of the city. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

8. Right now I have an obsession with all things British. I've watched Hustle, MI-5; listen to Floetry and Craig David and now I'm into Lily Allen. British accents are kind of cool.