Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Return

I'm back in NYC and hopefully I can finally settle in without any problems.

The time at home was great. G-ma LOVED her new socks. She loved the brown and cream colors. I also finished painting the kitchen and the most important thing I learned is that you will exercise muscles you never knew you had. The muscles at the base of my neck hurt so much when I was done.

I was to claim some treasures my father unearthed while cleaning out closets. The first was an old handheld television I got when I was in my teens. It still works and will come in handy if the power goes out.


Another was this Vogue pattern from my mother. This was her first ever Vogue pattern which she never used. The cover is all beat up but the pattern is in great conditon. I love the dress but don't think I'd have occasion to wear it. I will make the coat though.

Here is a picture of the Karabella tank. I'm not sure what to call it but I'll come up with something.


Here's a close-up.


It may not be easy to see but each of the joins in the lattice pattern has a bead . The neckline and armholes are accented with beads as well. I was trying to challenge myself when I came up with this and it was a definite challenge in patience.

The train ride back was 12+ hours and I figured it be a good time to fix the Miss Saun from last year. I've never worn it because I was not really happy with the length. I want it to be floor-length. I have been putting off making the changes because I wasn't looking forward to taking it apart at the bottom. I am almost finished and then I'll have to weave in all the ends. When it's finished I'll take a pic of the new and improved dress.

Labels: