Sunday, May 04, 2008

Spring cleaning....summer reading

As the semester draws to a close (insert big sigh of relief), I can now look forward to how I will fill my time this summer. In addition to working (where I have no idea yet) I look forward to getting some "me" time.

As part of my spring cleaning I'm looking over all the knit projects I've started and yet to finish.


There are two Habu projects I started last summer. Then the summer tank I'm currently working on and another tank/tunic I want to do. Since I've come too far to rip them out I must finish them. The jacket will probably take the longest. I'm carrying two strands on size 4's and I've only finished the back. The others will go faster so I can finish sooner. I have to finish something before my new book arrives and I get distracted by all it's loveliness.

And speaking of books...... I'm also looking forward to catching up on some reading. I spent most of my younger days reading mysteries/science fiction. In the past year I've become interested in reading more of the classics. For some time I avoided the classics because I always associated them with school. Being forced to read something always made them less appealing . Now I can read them on my own terms without having to dissect them.

After gathering up some old books and heading to Strands, I walked away with some new additions to my summer reading list. I'm hoping to read all of them.

What's on your summer reading list?