Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A Whirlwind holiday

Whew! It's been crazy but good crazy. I did my crazy whirlwind holiday travels again this year.... Chicago to Cleveland to Detroit to Cleveland to Chicago and back to NYC tomorrow. I got to see both sides of my family, do a heck of a lot of eating, and sneak in some sleep and craftyness.

Although I didn't finish it in time, I did present my mother with her half-finished Morning Glory Shawl. The pattern is from Knitspot which I first saw at Rhinebeck. I'm using Acero from Brooks Farm.

This year's Christmas/Kwanzaa craft were matchbook notepads. Large sheets of scrapbooking paper are glued to thicker paper, cut, scored, and folded. Then you glue in half of a Post-it pad.

I also worked on a punch needle ornament kit that Mamacita had and the annual family puzzle.




Fun times were had by all. I hope your holidays were festive. Happy New Year. I can wait to see what everyone gets into this year.