Sunday, September 23, 2007

My parents rock!

While talking to my parents one day, I mentioned that it would be nice to get a care package since technically I am in college and college students should get care packages. My mother laughed and told me I had nerve and that I was too old to be expecting care packages.

Two weeks later this arrives.......


I'm a spoiled child and I know it. Pencils, highlighters, candy and gift cards for groceries. But the best thing of all was the little plastic strip that you see sitting on top of the yellow sponge brushes. That is the hospital band that my mother wore the day I was born. My parents rock!

And just for kicks, here's one of last week's projects. The assignment was for flat pattern design class. I had to make a pattern for a yoked skirt and then make the actual skirt and stylize it.

I decided to go with an assymetrical yoke made in multiple pieces with gold stitching and beading.


I have another skirt project due this week. I'll be sure to take pictures of it.