Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ready for the weekend

The pace here at Chez Saun has become more manageable. I'm getting used to the pace of my classes and learning to manage the assignments better. It's still busy but I'm learning to schedule time to relax.

Last weekend I met up with a new friend that I made through my previous gig at that knit shop. She's a cool chick who is a knitting savant. She's only been knitting a few months and she's made hats, scarves, and even this really long hooded sweater coat. We met up to see the other shops in the area and find her some yarn for her next sweater. We started at Downtown yarns in the Lower East Side and then went to Purl in Soho. Both stores are really cool and have a nice vibe. Downtown Yarns has really reasonable prices for NYC given that everything in city is usually marked up 1000% to account for the high rents. Purl is a nice store, I just wish it was a bigger space. I tried not to buy anything but I couldn't resist a small purchase.


Some Dale of Norway Stork for project swatching, the latest Rebecca magazine, and a skein of Manos in the loveliest colorway. The Manos is going to be for a hat that will be my Rhinebeck car project. Just a nice and simple slouch hat that I've wanted to add to my wardrobe.

I'm excited to head to Rhinebeck this weekend for the Sheep and Wool Festival. I only want to buy a small weaving loom and some yarn for the loom. I really looking forward to just getting out of the city and being around a whole bunch of colorful fiber. Hopefully the weather will hold up and make it a wonderful weekend. If you are going and you see me there, be sure to say hi.