Friday, November 09, 2007

Short bursts of creative energy

The past two weeks have been busy, busy, busy. My sister came to visit me and that included quite a bit of walking through the streets of New York and a lot of window shopping. It rained most of the time so we didn't get to go ice skating at Rockerfeller Center like we wanted. None the less, it was nice having her here.

It's also been midterm time. That meant projects and tests for days on end. Here's my project for flat pattern class. A princess line top with a yoke and puff sleeves. A percentage of the grade is based on creativity so I decided to go with a quilted look on the insert and sleeves. It reminded me why I don't like making quilts. Lots of thread, straight lines, and piecing things together.


This week has been filled with more homework and some quick bursts of creative energy. Much of which has been driven by necessity. I needed some larger size bags to carry my supplies. At first I was going to buy some tote bags but I wasn't in the mood to walk the streets looking for some. Instead I opted to make some out of printed canvas from B&J fabrics .


And with the cold weather setting in, I really need to add to my hat collection.

I made another beret style hat using my leftover worsted weight yarns. I used the R&R beret pattern but used garter stitch and alternated yarns every row or two. It is a great way to use all that extra yarn. I still have enough for another hat but I'm thinking I'll make a regular hat with it using the same method.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

This job has navigated right into my heart.
click it...:https://www.weaveron.com

By Blogger KETAN PATEL, at September 03, 2019 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home