Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Time flies

It's been a few weeks since my last post. School is madness. Thankfully last week was Spring Break and I got to take some time off. I made it to Culpepper, VA to see my friends and god-son (the commute to DC is crazy...what people have to go through to buy a house....let me tell you!) and then came back to NYC to veg out.

I thought I'd share my pics from my trip to The Met. NYC has so many museums and I thought it'd be a shame not to take advantage of my proximity.

The place is ridiculously huge and there is so much too see. This go around I made it to the Costume Institute exhibit, the Modern Art, and the Africa/Americans exhibit.



This is an absolutely fabulous Rodarte dress!


I got chills when I saw this one! This is one of my favorite Degas drawings. I didn't realize that it was at this museum. I was so excited. (My life is dull....I get my thrills where I can.)




The Africa/Americas exhibit is mostly sculptures and artifacts.







The place is a fountain of inspiration. I'm hoping to get to the Guggenheim and the MoMA soon.

One of these days I'm going to post a pic of my lastest knit which is almost finished. I also want to post about what I'm working on in school. I figure...I don't have much knitting to show but I can show other fashion related stuff.