Friday, July 15, 2005

Cotton-Ease Tally

I bring to you my final Cotton-Ease tally. I can say "final" because I just bought the last few good colors left in the whole Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area.


12 Black
9 White
4 Light Blue
4 Yellow
2 Red
2 Orange
1 Light Purple
34 Balls of Cotton-Ease

It's not as much as I thought I had.
I'm considering making Hike from Rowan 37 with some of my black, and a long-sleeved NBaT with the white and red.


Progress



I finally have some progress to show on my Rebecca #11 sweater. I only have about 2 inches left. I'm feeling a little overpowered by all the orange. I was trying to pick something different but I've never really been an orangey person so it's not really sitting well with me. What do you think?



What's that mess on the floor you ask? It's the unseamed and soon to be frogged Summer Tweed tank. I decided to just start all over. I think I'm going to reduce the number of stitches and add some ribbing to keep it from rolling.



Now on to this KnitPicks shipping business. I ordered some yarn July 1 and accepted the free shipping offer. It is now July 15 and I just received the box. Where were they shipping it from? Siberia? I've had packages from England arrive faster than this. I think my package was sitting somewhere on a camel's back making the slow trip to Raleigh, NC. The shipping said 5-14 days but I didn't think it would really take that long. Next time (if there is a next time), I'll pay for the 3-day shipping.