Monday, April 03, 2006

Love At First Sight

Thanks to everyone for their wonderful complements on Calla . You all are too kind.

My trip to Chicago was great. I had a chance to spend some time with my sister and see her new digs. She lives in the Hyde Park section of Chicago which is a nice little neighborhood. The "Chi" is a real city, complete with all the bells, whistles, and traffic. (Gotta love that traffic.) But can someone tell me what is the metereological explanation for that wind !?!? It's ridiculous!

We did a whole lot of shopping. I've come to the realization that I'm not a "tourist-y, take picture of the monuments" type of person. I'm a "show me the shopping" type. Thus the reason I have no real pictures of Chicago.

We went to Magnificent Mile and Woodfield Mall . We also ate a really good southern style meal at the Dixie Kitchen & Bait Shop. It's so sad that I had to go to Chicago to get a southern style meal when I technically live in the south.

But the best part of Chicago, besides seeing my sister, is that I fell in love at first sight with this......



We happened by Scoop NYC Thursday night and decided to stop in. When I saw it I knew I had to have it. Then I saw the $1895 price tag.

Not one to deal well with rejection, at 3am Sunday morning, I delirously ordered 12 balls of Rowan 4-ply cotton (I'll probably need more) off of Ebay to recreate this dress. I shall not be denied!