Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

I was weighing the name options* for this hat when I started this orange version. I was making it to match my new orange winter coat and half way through I started to see it. The hat is not quite a beret but much larger than a regular hat. More like a pumpkin. Then it came to me... "Pum'kinhead".



The minute I thought of the name I instantly remembered the Great Pumpkin . This was by far my favorite of the Peanuts movies. As a child I had the book which I read a million times, and watched the tv special any time it came on. Funny what a little orange and ribbing will make you think of.

Nonetheless, from me to you....the Pum'kinhead Hats.

(See the sidebar) ----------->


*Thanks to everyone that sent in a name. I think I'll save them for another project.