Friday, February 24, 2006

What's on your table?

One Ms. fpea has issued me the "What's on your craft table?" challenge. This challenge was started Jay . I guess you can call it a meme but I like the word challenge because the word "meme" is getting a little overused lately. Never the less, I accept your challenge fpea, and I shall now bear my messy craft table to the world.




Here is my coffee table which doubles as my knitting craft table. I have an actual craft table but I never really sit at it unless I'm sewing. Here's what's on my table:

  • Craft store receipts
  • Dale of Norway Svale and the start of my next Magknits submission
  • Cascade 220 superwash and one finished wristwarmer
  • Rowan Calmer and the start of another design idea
  • My design notebook
  • My stripey needlecase & my various Bryspun straights & circulars
  • My notions case
  • A stack of magazines & catalogs - Winter VK, Spring IK,
    Patternworks and Knitpicks catalogs
  • And my ballwinder
  • Random stuff: yarn ball bands, candy, swatches, family pics, and Henri Bendel candles(the greatest candles in the world!)


I challenge all that read this to flash their craft tables. If I can show my mess, you can show yours too.

And now........

Ta Da!!! Introducing the Neka Bags


I would like to show you what will be the newest addition to the Free Pattern section. They were originally a submission to Knitty but were turned down. Nevertheless....





There are 3 different sized bags in this design, the "Pocket", the "Mini", and the "Clutch". When I'm running errands or going out for the evening I don't like to carry a large purse. These little babies are the perfect fit. The Pocket for keys, a few bucks, license, and a tube of lipstick; The Mini for those slightly larger essentials like your cell phone; and The Clutch for those evening when a little extra style is necessary.

They only take 1 skein or less of Berroco Cotton Twist, which comes in a lot of great colors and have just enough shine to give the bags a snazzy look.

The pattern should be up by Monday.

Everyone have a great weekend! The Olympics are over Sunday but that's just in time for the start of Project Spectrum. YEA!