Monday, July 03, 2006

I don't like it

I set out last night to make this dress using my butter yellow linen material.



Right now I'm slightly disappointed I used my good fabric on this dress. I don't like it. I'm not a big fan of halter dresses but this pattern seemed to appeal to me. The problem is that I was paying attention to the drawn pictures and not the actual. The halter didn't fit the way the drawn pictures look and the actual hides the improper fit by using that busy print material.




The halter sides had big gaps and made the girls look too droppy. After a lot of alterations, I've gotten to this point. I'm satisfied although not overly excited. I t still doesn't fit the way it should. It's kind of bunchy on the sides and it doesn't lay nice and flat like I would want it to. I guess I'll get used to it.

Today I'm going to work on a dress using my black and white cotton print. I'm more optimistic about that one.