Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I'd like to thank our sponsors

This entry was brought to you by Z-pak antibotics, Adagio Chamomile Tea ,Campbell's soup, Vitamin Water, Mott's Applesauce, and "The sleep of a thousand Snow Whites".

For all of you that thought I was so amazing for making all that jewelry, it was because the extreme pain kept me from sleeping. The overzealous beading was my sad attempt to keep myself from thinking about the pain. But thanks to our sponsors I was granted with what I call "the sleep of a thousand Snow Whites". I slept ALL-DAY yesterday. It was great! Normally you don't get antibotics for a viral infection but the screwed up face the doctor made when he saw my throat said "It may not be strep but something funky is going on in there". What he actually said was, "I'll prescribe some antibotics just in case". I'm now on a mission to find a doctor that will remove my tonsils. I don't care if I have to bribe someone.

I started the Cherry pattern on Sunday. No one has my dyelot so I've decided to just buy an extra ball and use it for the collar, buttonband, and ribbing on the sleeves. If I returned the yarn I had for a new color, I would still have one ball just lying around with nothing to do with it. That bothered me more than a getting a different dyelot.

I haven't really talked much about my other projects because I was working on one that had me stumped. I didn't want to talk about it until I figured out what I was going to do.

The idea started with a desire to have some sort of wrap that was more than a shawl/wrap but not quite a shrug. Something to wear over my tanks on a cool night. No lace, no ribbing, and all in one piece. I cut up a scrap of muslin to get my idea straight.

Unfolded, it has to look like this.

I actually had this half-way done but changed my mind about the edging I had chosen and frogged. Here is what it looks like so far.

I originally had a feather & fan pattern but didn't really like how it curled. I didn't want curling but I didn't want ribbing either so I opted for a rick-rack pattern. I'll be putting it along the armhole edges as well to eliminate the curling.

It's a heck of a lot of stockinette, which isn't that fun, but I have to keep in mind the desired end product.