Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Smore to love

I finished the Smores pattern last week.



(You'll have to excuse quality of the pic. This isn't the shirt I plan to wear it with but I didn't feel like ironing it just to take the pic.)

Pattern: Smores
Designer: Nikki at knitensity
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted - color: Amoroso - 3 skeins
Size: Bust 35"


Something about this pattern grabbed me when I saw it. I didn't buy it at first glance but for some reason it plagued my thoughts for a few days, so I went back and bought it. It's something in the lace panel, cables, and Malabrigo that did it for me.

I only made a few minor changes to the pattern. I made the waistband ribbing instead of seed stitch. I just wanted ribbing since the armholes would be ribbing. I also went with a standard neckline instead of the turtleneck. I think I'll get more wear if I can pair it with a collared shirt as well as the collar-less shirt like the one in the pic above. I can wear it to work with the collared blouse but I can forsee wearing this with a long-sleeve black shirt and dark jeans too.

Labels: