Monday, July 18, 2005

"Suck it in"

That is one bit of wisdom that my G-ma (grandmother) has given me. She came up in the day of self-repair and home remedies. A woman told her if you suck in your stomach it will train your stomach to stay flat. It does work...when you remember to do it. (G-ma even has a method for straightening your teeth without braces and it works!)

I say all of that because, while I thank you all for your nice comments, please know that there was a bit of sucking in, special angles and arm placements in yesterday's picture. After losing 20 pounds and 2 dress sizes I'm a little more confident with my body but I still have my off days. And this brings me to my next point....

Here is the Rebecca #6 sweater with a really "tight" shot.



(Ignore the curled collar. I didn't block it before modeling it.)

I think I was delirious or high or something when I decided to make this. I don't know where I thought I was going to wear this other than around my apartment. It's a cute sweater and I love the yarn but I'm a little to old to wear this out of the house. Even with G-ma's advice I don't think this one is going to see the outdoors. Maybe I'll try it with a tank underneath it.