Sunday, October 16, 2005

Complements

Out of all the sweaters I made last year, this sweater was the one that recieved the most complements.


What's funny is that this was probably the cheapest sweater I've ever made. Courtesy of some LB Wool-ease Thick & Quick and Homespun, I made the Charity pattern from the Rowan Ribbon Twist Collection. Never one to pay over $100 to make a sweater, I decided to come up with some knock-off Ribbon Twist. I sporadically worked in some Homespun with the Thick & Quick. Thick & Quick tends to pill and get all fuzzy but if you can get past that, it's great. What's also funny is that I only think Homespun is good for afghans and despise it for clothing, but I guess it does have it's purposes.

I wore that sweater for the first time on a trip to Wash.DC, last year in October. Since I'm going to DC again at the end of this October, I decided to make the other Ribbon Twist sweater I like so I can take it with me. This is the Beth pattern.



I finished the back piece this afternoon, while watching Lord of the Rings.


I also finished the back of the Rebecca Lacy Sweater last night. Well actually it was 3am this morning but at least I have something to show for my insomnia.


I'm off to work on my sock and then go to a book club meeting. We read The Alchemist which is a really good book. If you ever have a chance to read it you should. It's very motivational and it just may move me to finally work on my dream to get my fashion design company off the ground.