Sunday, October 02, 2005

I missed the deadline.

Remember that secret project I was working on for Knitty. Well, I missed the deadline. I was trying to get the perfect pictures and never had the time or the right light. I thought the deadline was October 9 but it was October 1. Needless to say I'm a little peeved right now. I guess their loss is your gain. When I finally get a good picture and type up the pattern I'll post it for free. I have another idea I want to submit and I have until February 1st for that one. I bet you I don't miss the next deadline.

Moving on....

Some people go to the movies, others go to the club, but here is what I did on my Friday night.
Self-striping yarn. With a little kool-aid and a whole lot of time, I dyed some yarn. I don't know what it looks like knitted up but it should be nice.

But the best part of Friday.....






...my first package from my Secret Pal. My favorite brand of dark chocolate, Ghirardelli, a note pad, and RED Lana Grossa sock yarn. I like this yarn because it's a nice mix of reds and browns and I've never seen this colorway before. I also like the note pad because unlike some people, I don't like Palm Pilots. I like notepads and post-its. I write lists everyday to keep track of what I need to buy and do. Thanks SP!!!