Wednesday, September 14, 2005

SP6 Questionaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

For the most part I'm a yarn snob. I do like Lion Brand but hate Fun Fur. I don't like any of the Red Heart.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet and I don't think I'll ever get into spinning.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I am allergic to cats. Bath and Body Works sprays and lotions.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I started as a child but I've really been going strong for about 6 years now.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes. Here it is

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like vanilla and peach scents.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes. I love dark chocolate

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
If it can be made, I do it. I sew, bead, embroider, and paint.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like R&B, Pop, Jazz, classical. Most anything except Heavy Metal and Country


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
For non-clothing, my favorite color is green. For clothing,I like warm colors; reds, oranges, pinks but I have too much yarn in these colors. I'm venturing into light greens,blues,yellows. No hard/royal colors.


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single with no pets

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I want to find a job that allows me to travel. I also want to start my own fashion design company.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love Rowan. Right now I'm craving Cashsoft and Calmer. I also like cotton blends and merino wool.


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I hate Fun Fur and I don't like scratchy pure wools like Lopi. I don't really like novelty yarns but that's because you can only really make scarfs with it and I have enough of those.


15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Finding a shawl/wrap pattern that doesn't have ten million yarn-overs, doesn't use feather and fan patterns, and isn't in the shape of a triangle.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Anything that can be worn and is cute.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Sweaters

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Death to the dreaded poncho! They used to be nice before the fashion world started mass producing them.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Both

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bryspun. I could really use some circs..hint hint :)

21. Are you a sock knitter?
I'm a beginner

22. How did you learn to knit?
From my mother and from books


23. How old is your oldest UFO?
A month old

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I don't really have one.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Keychains from different places

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Jo Sharp Contemporary Knitting 2 , Rowan Magazine #31 & #32, AlterKnits