Friday, August 26, 2005

Go Speed Racer Go!

As I've mentioned before, I knit for speed. Sure, a nice design is great, but I like to be able to churn out a knitted item in 5 days. 7 days tops! With sewing I can make an outfit in a day, so knitting something for more than 7 days starts to wear on my nerves.

In the past it was a contest of one to see how fast I could get things done. A scarf can be done in 6 hours. A hat in 4-5 hours. For a sweater, each piece of the body takes 6-7 hours. Last year between October 1 and December 25, I churned out 17 scarves, 15 hats, 2 pairs of mittens, 3 sweaters, and a vest.



The past few months I haven't been knitting with my usual vigor. I don't really know why, I just haven't. But this here Clapotis has me inspired again. I think it's the perfect combination of uncomplicated stitches that produce a great design, paired with the world's greatest yarn. I need to finish fast so I can snuggle with my Clapotis without a needle getting in the way. With any luck this thing will be done today!