Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Gasoline Dreams

"Don't everybody like the smell of gasoline?
Well burn motherf***a burn American Dreams
Don't everybody like the taste of Apple Pie?
We'll snap for your slice of life I'm tellin' ya why
I hear that mother nature's now on birth control
The coldest pimp be looking for somebody to hold
The highway up to Heaven got a crook on the toll
Youth full of fire ain't got nowhere to go, nowhere 2 go"


Outkast -"Gasoline Dreams" from the album "Stankonia"

I think of this song everytime I drive past a gas station. Do you ever get the feeling that life will never again return to the way it was? Every once in a while, life has those turning points where you know there is no going back. $2.55 - $3.09/gallon. Now that's a turning point!!!

I think this is the reason that I've hit my current slump in knitting creativity. I can't just buy yarn willy-nilly. Every purchase must be calculated. There can be no random/un-justified stash enhancements...no leisurely trips to the yarn shop. A crafty girl must consider whether she wants to eat,knit, or drive cause ya can't do all three.

This brings me to today's Friendly Tips for Everyday Living

Tip #6
If it takes you more than 15 minutes to justify a purchase, just walk away. More than likely you don't really need it. (The operative word being "need" not "want".) You'll only burn time and gas trying to return it when you realize you really should have saved that money for your next trip to gas station.


Right now, I'm knitting swatches for a stitch pattern I came up, as well as kool-aid dyeing my Andromeda yarn for Clapotis. I'll have pics to show tomorrow.