Thursday, August 18, 2005

Hi Ladies!!!!

That's my shout-out to all the ladies I met last night at the Raleigh SnB group. I hope they will forgive me because I don't remember everyone's names but I'll make up for it because I plan on becoming a regular at SnB Wednesday nights. (I made the mistake of going home to do work afterwords. Nothing but computer jargon in my head right now. Arrrggghhh!)
This was my first SnB with this bunch and it was fun. All the ladies are nice and have that great combination of smart/crazy/wacky/funny that lets you know that you aren't sitting with a bunch of old spinsters. I think I'll fit right in. See you next week ladies!

I woke up early this morning to wind my kool-aid dyed yarn which I am now calling "Red Luxe". Luxurious red yarn = "Red Luxe".





I took a couple pics of the process which wasn't anything out of the ordinary. For each skein I used 3 packets Cherry and 1 packet Black Cherry. I didn't want the yarn to be a "screaming" red so i used the Black Cherry to tone it down a bit. If you ever do this make sure you use gloves. They do you no good sitting on the table. I forgot them while mixing the kool-aid and I now have dark pink fingertips. The yarn didn't dye evenly so I have some specks of light pink and white in the yarn but I think it's okay. I have to set this off to the side and just stare at it until I get some other projects finished. When I get started with it, I want to devote my full attention to this yarn. (ssshhhhh......I think I'm in love with it.)