Sunday, September 11, 2005

What would you take?

-
-


I have been couped up in the house all weekend. This is due to the fact that I almost killed myself with 3 teaspoons of parmesan cheese. Now I know you're asking, "How can one do damage with parmesan cheese?". Here's how...

Years ago I found out that I was allergic to pencillin. No biggie..I can avoid that. Then a few years ago, the allergist told me that I'm allergic to cats and mold. It wasn't until this year, after a ridiculous daily diet( that included yogurt,tea,cheese,and tofu)which resulted in many migraines and other health issues, that I found out that allergies to mold also means all foods that are fermented or contain mold. I've overloaded my body to the point that I can no longer tolerate any of this stuff. (Tears were shed when I found that included wine. I love a good Piesporter or Riesling) Therefore the three teaspoons of parmesan I ate directly from the container while making spaghetti last week nearly killed me.

Thanks to the heavy dosages of Benadryl I sat on the couch, watched a lot of tv, and tried to knit. I've decided that I want to try and submit a pattern to knitty. I've knit and frogged twice and I now have a design that I think is acceptable. I'll be working on this for the next few days so I can get the pattern done by the October 9 deadline.

With word of a possible hurricane off the coast and all the time on my hands, I spent a little time getting my "in case of emergency" kit together. I put important documents in plastic bags and made a list of what to grab if in a rush. After the typical clothes, important documents, jewelry, and pictures, the only other things I thought important enough to pack would be my portfolio, and the two things pictured above. My Puffalump named "Cowie" and my mother's Mon Tricot Knitting Dictionary which she gave to me this past Christmas. No fabric, yarn/needles, or electronics. Just Cowie and Mon Tricot. Sentimental value beats out monetary value everytime.

What would you take?