Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sometimes life just takes over...

Life has been a little intense lately, and while I won't burden you with the details, just know that blogging may not be on the top of the priority list for a little while. I want to thank everyone for their comments eventhough I haven't had time to reply or visit any of your blogs. Hopefully things will calm down and I get back to my happy blogging, blog-stalking self.



While I have the time I thought I'd give you an update.

Clapotis was finished Friday but I haven't had a chance to get a good photo.




It was taking me forever to finish the Gem pattern from Rowan 37 and I figured out why. I love the pattern but really do hate the yarn. I finally pulled it off the needles and this mess is going in the trash. That's how much I hate the yarn. I'll get the suggested Cotton Glace and start over.



I have started Design #32 from the Rebecca Fall/Winter mag. I'm going to use some Rowan Wool Cotton that I have in stash. The gauge is not exact but I'm just going to alter the pattern. I've had this yarn since March and I finally have something that I want to use it for.




I decided awhile back to dye my own yarn for the Union Market Square Sweater from the Fall Interweave Knits. I dyed the border yarn last night while I was on the phone. I used 2 packets Pink Lemonade and 2 Watermelon Cherry. I used the stovetop process instead of the microwave process and it went alot faster. I'm going to try and dye some more yarn today since I have some free time and I can do it while I do other things.





Here are the stitch markers I made as a thank you from my Secret Pal Sarah . I printed pictures from her blog onto some "Shrinky Dinks" plastic to make the charms. She said that she really likes them. I'm glad that I sent them because it turns out that her Secret Pal bailed on her. Poo-Poo to the person that bailed on Sarah.