Thursday, July 06, 2006

Stitches East 2006

Thank you for the nice comments on my dresses. I noticed a few of you mentioned how it takes you a long time to pin and cut out a pattern. Well, I'm gonna share a little time-saving tip with you.




Thanks to these, I haven't pinned a pattern in years. These are just common 2" washers from the hardware store. I bought around 25 or so. I just vacuum my carpet, lay out my fabric and pattern pieces on the floor, using the washers as weights at the corners and various places. It takes a lot less time and effort, plus I don't have to worry about losing and stepping on pins. I don't really use pins while I sew either. One at each end of a piece, and one at the notches to make sure everything matches up.


Stitches East 2006


I got my Stitches East brochure in the mail yesterday and I think I'm going to go. Have any of you ever been before? I spoke with Pinky yesterday at SnB about her past experiences. She says it's usually good but there are some instructors that are good and others that are horrible. Any advice for me? Is it worth it to go to the Student Banquest, or the Fashion Show & Dinner? It's starting to look a little pricey. I have a few classes in mind but I don't want to mention them for fear I talk about them and then everyone signs up and I don't get in.

Let me know if you think you're going. I think I may need a roommate or 3 to lessen the cost.

A finished Regine
If you get a chance, stop over and see Maxmom's finished Regine sweater. She changed the sleeves to 3/4 length and made it in a pretty blue. I'm lovin it!