Sunday, March 18, 2007

F is for facial hair

I'm gonna start this thing off with a little confession. I'm not sure why I feel compelled to share this but I do, so I am. I'm not sure if it's because I need a man in my life, or if it was the 3 beers I had to celebrate my bit of Irish heritage for St. Patrick's Day, but Saturday I came to a strange realization while watching The Departed on Saturday. For the first time in life I found this man attractive....


But here is the really odd part. I only found him appealing because of the hair cut and facial hair. Titanic...absolutely nothing. Saw him on the Oscars w/long hair...nothing. In the beginning he was clean cut... nothing. He got a little facial hair and it was a total different ballgame. I just feel like a weirdo for realizing I can be swayed by facial hair.


Before I started my evening of beers, college basketball games, and Mr. DiCaprio, I did get out of the house to run some errands. My major purchase were these two ladies...



Meet "Meedee" and "Smay-all". I like simple names. Remember "Jay-etta the Jetta" and My man Serta. (That's my car and bed for those that don't know.)

Nik was telling me about the dress form that she bought, so I set out to get some of my own. They aren't really made for sewing purposes but they will do well for displaying and checking size fit. The are used but looked practically new for half the price.

This is what Liz made me at Knit Nite Thursday.

It's a pretty stitch marker. She had a pair of earring similar to this made with pearls and Swarovski crystals. I'll be sure to show you my pair after I convince her to make me some. I even offered to pay.

I wanted to thank everyone for the contest ideas. I think I might go with a scavengar hunt. It was what I was originally thinking and you all seem to have the same idea. I like Carrie's idea of having a "design for the people, by the people" project. I don't think I'll do that for the contest but it is something I might do in May.