Sunday, July 09, 2006

Babies R Us

It's getting to point where I need to start getting serious about my upcoming duties as a godmother. The baby is due in October and the baby shower is Labor Day weekend.




I made these postcards last weekend. The shower will be Virginia so I needed to give everybody a reminder. It's possible that no one will travel for a baby shower but the way I see it, they can just take the money they would use to travel and buy gifts instead. My godchild needs as many gifts as possible.

And speaking of gifts, I need to get cracking on my intended gifts. I plan to make a few things and buy one major thing (stroller or something like that).

I've been planning a knitted blanket and I've finally found a use for some of that Cotton-Ease in my stash. I'm knitting it up on US 8's. I started with a square with a contrasting initial and then picked up stitches around the square. It's about 14"x14" right now.



I also have some Rowan Handknit DK which I plan to use for a version of this sweater. I'm not big on the pirate's head so I'll be changing that part.


This is from the Zoe Moeller Adorable Knits For Tots book.
I'm also plan on making a few baby hats and sewing a babyquilt.


As for all the other things I'm working on. I should have the back piece of Cherries done tonite. This project has been slow going but should get faster since I don't have much else on my plate.

Thanks to the Summer of Stash I won't be doing much for Project Spectrum. I definitely need some more purple/lavender in my life but I don't have any in my stash.

And I'll be working on the Scatter pattern this week. I've been a little distracted with my newest toy.




It was a slightly implusive, but not so impulsive, purchase. I've been comtemplating getting a new laptop for awhile and decided that there is no perfect time to make this type of purchase, so I went ahead and did it. I didn't have any day-after regret so it must be a good thing.