Friday, July 07, 2006

It's okay. Really!

Okay y'all, I need to clarify. Yesterday's post was not in anger or upset. No one's comments have offended me. I just figured I needed to be different and own up to my mistakes upfront. A lot of people won't do that and I don't want to be one of those folks.

Often times I've seen designers get upset because someone has pointed out a mistake. I'm not going to get upset like that. If I'm angry with anyone, trust me when I say, it's not you. What I do want is for someone to tell me when I've made an error. I want people to know that I'm open to critism because that is the only way I can improve.

The way I see it, I've only been doing this about a year. There are about 4 published books that I can think of that have a team of editors,etc that are jacked up to oblivion. I'm doing pretty good but I can always do better.

Now onto some good stuff...

A finished Ruby

Knitting Pinki of SaturdayNightSheep just let me know about her finished Ruby tank. She used a nice variegated merino and you have to check out her pose. A sexy "come and get it boys" pose. I may have to borrow that one.


And now the status of "The Dress". I've done one front piece and I'm finishing up the other side. I'll have to build up the sash more to make a point/triangle and then I'll sew on the front pieces. I still haven't decided how I'll work the back. I may save that till next week. I think I'm putting this off because I'm dreading all of the end weaving I'll have to do. Blah!



That's all for now. Everybody have a good weekend.