Monday, July 17, 2006

Summer Outings

Even though I have a deep love for television (I was able to see ProjRun tonight. Yeah!) I try to make sure it's not the only thing I do. I'm trying to get out and enjoy the summer weather but with the intense heat it's hard to stay outside for too long.



It seems that leaving my house nowadays leads me two places. The mall or the library. I don't really go to the mall much but I did make it last Friday for Nordstrom's anniversary sale. I've been eyeing these shoes since they sent the sale magazine and the sale started Friday. They were the only thing I bought.

I'm also trying to read a little more. It's kind of hard to read and knit at the same time. I've tried and I even bought that little bookstand do-hickey but I just can't seem to do it. Instead I'm just balancing my free-time between knitting and reading. I no longer desire to buy books unless absolutely necessary so the library is my new hangout. I'm working on S is for Silence by Sue Grafton. My mother got me started listening to these on tape and this will be only the third one I've actually read. Next up will be Kindred by Octavia Butler.

Anyone have any other book suggestions? I'm not really into the whole chick-lit books unless they are really good. I also don't really want anything off Oprah's list. I don't like 1000 page books that make me feel like I'm in high school working on my summer reading list.